Three types of racing excitement!
- The Main Event Tournament - A field of up to 32 pre-registered custom-built racers compete mano-a-mano to progress through a five round, Match-Madness style seeded bracket competition to win fame, fortune, valuable prizes and trophies. Individual bracket matches are spread over the weekend hourly on the 10's and 40's. Each bracket match is comprised of three heats, best two-out-of-three, switching lanes between heats, with the winner advancing into the next round.
- General Public Match Racing - In between the main tournament bracket matches, we run general public match races. Any two members of the general public can step up, sign the safety waiver, declare a public bet, and compete in a one-heat match race using house racers, for fun and entertainment.
- Exhibition Racing - At the discretion of the Race Master, outlaw house, field, and retired champion racers will be hauled out, and set up for demonstration runs and E.T. (Elapsed-Time) tortise-and-hare races for added variety and amazement.
The Main Event Tournament
- Round 1 (Time Trials) - The entire field of pre-registered custom racers is on display in the wild-and-wooly time trials. Each racer competes (often for the first time) against the clock in one individual run down the track to establish its baseline E.T. (Elapsed Time). Racers receive their tournament 'seed' position based on the E.T. (fastest = first, slowest = last).
- Round 2 (Qualifiers) - The top 32 seeded qualifiers then compete in sixteen sequential one-on-one bracket matches. Each bracket match is is comprised of three heats, best two-out-of-three, switching lanes between heats, with the winner in each match advancing into the sweet sixteen round. Losers can still win alternate prizes as crowd favorites for most spectacular failures.
- Round 3 (Sweet Sixteen) - The competition heats up as winners now race other winners for the first time to stay alive in the competition in these best two-out-of-three bracket matches.
- Round 4 (Elite Eight) - Endurance and stamina now come into play as these battle-tested winners struggle to keep it all together and make it into the finals in these best two-out-of-three bracket matches.
- Round 5 (Final Four) - The surviving best-of-the-best give it their all to establish 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners in these final best two-out-of-three bracket matches.
General Public Match Racing
While a lot of this website focuses on the Main Event Tournament, we are really all about the General Public Match Races. We average many hundreds of matches over a two-day maker faire weekend. Any two folks from the general public can step up, register, get wrist bands, instructions, declare a public bet, and race each other in a one heat, winner-take-all, match race for FREE. We get all combinations; brothers against sisters, boyfriends against girlfriends, husbands against wives, fathers against sons, moms against daughters, and significant others too numerous to mention. And it all comes down to the public bet (the more creative the better!) which gives the viewing public someone to root for in each match. We run these races using a fleet of house racers that are tricked-out Harbor Freight belt sanders.
Every now and then we have to drag out and show off some of the more entertaining and unusual racers that just don't fit into the high-stakes competition.